About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother of 2 amazing kids. My oldest is 6 and we call him "Bubba". My youngest is 5 and we call her "Moonie". We love life and try to find the silver lining no matter what the situation. I love to "make lemonade"! :) I like to try new recipes- vegan ones mostly- as we have food allergies in our house. We strictly avoid all dairy, eggs, and tree nuts. Cooking and baking safe foods for my family is very important to me- and a challenge I enjoy.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes...

So, in the last week, I have heard some of the most interesting, astute, and hilarious things come out out of my toddlers' mouths. Lately my daughter has been into singing the "name song"- you know it... the one that goes "Bobby, Bobby, bo-Bobby, banana-fana, fo fobby, me my mo-mobby, Bobby". The funny part is she did "duck" one day about 100 times and if you sing it out loud to yourself, you will see why I giggled. There are some words that shouldn't come out of a toddler's mouth, and that is one- but it was priceless because she had no idea what she said or what it meant. :)

I love how my kids speak like they are much older- like my age. Moonie came out of the bathroom the other day in her birthday suit, put her hand in the air, shrugged her shoulders, and said "Apparently my clothes fell off." Yeah, that is something that I hear lots of 3 year olds say. Sure.

Bubba has been trying new words- apparently, evidently, certainly, and today he tried "brilliant" to describe the temperature of the water in the pool. Needless to say, we are still working on learning the meaning of the last one...

We drove past a cemetery the other day and the kids were wondering why there were "flowers out in the grass like that". I explained that some people are buried there and that they go there after they die. I told them that their families and friends sometimes come to visit them because they miss them and then some people bring flowers and leave them graveside. Bubba asked a few more questions, but then he asked if the people that were buried there could hear the ones who came to visit them and I said that I thought so. That was the end of that as they then saw a man dressed in a mattress waving to people and were totally fascinated. The toddler equivalent of a "squirrel moment".

Now, to share a moment when I was so proud of them... I have a friend who is going through chemo and feeling yucky (to put it mildly). Anyway, my kids were pretending in the basement that they were going to see her and her family while they were riding their toys. My son said "We can't go see her, she is sick. We may give her more germs." My daughter then said, "Well, maybe we can take her some soup. That'll make her feel better." And then they pretended to take soup to her on their lap around their basement (about 47 laps- and soup each time for my friend. Loved it!). This was a sweet moment because they were thinking of someone other than themselves and they wanted to help her. I hope this continues! :)

Finally, I have been working on a few things around the house: getting ready for a rummage sale (all of the baby stuff is going) which seems a little overwhelming, making a long overdue birthday present for my friend (done!), and sewing a tote for another friend to give to her son's teacher. I have also been working on crocheting hair ties (about 10 so far) for Moonie which she calls "pretties". I am trying to figure out how to make them into a bracelet for her to wear- she loves the flowers and she likes to wear them in her hair and on her wrist. So, I will keep you updated on how that goes. The bags have been fun- I will post pics when I can figure it out... That's it for now. Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment