About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother of 2 amazing kids. My oldest is 6 and we call him "Bubba". My youngest is 5 and we call her "Moonie". We love life and try to find the silver lining no matter what the situation. I love to "make lemonade"! :) I like to try new recipes- vegan ones mostly- as we have food allergies in our house. We strictly avoid all dairy, eggs, and tree nuts. Cooking and baking safe foods for my family is very important to me- and a challenge I enjoy.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Time marches on

So I visited an old friend yesterday. I have seen her more this year than in years past. She is the kind of friend that you can pick up and call or go visit and it feels like no time has passed. She is steady as the sun and amazingly strong. She helps me calm down when I am stressed and she makes me laugh when I am sad or scared. She is a rock.

The kids and I loaded up the car and traveled almost 2 hours to her house. She came out to the car to welcome the kids and my kids thought they had arrived at a toy store... Her little boy is very lucky to have so many toys to play with! My kids would have moved in had I let them, but they were content to play and ignore the old ladies chatting in the living room.

We sat and talked and laughed and enjoyed some great news. We shared stories and memories. When we met (about 18 years ago), we were different people. We were young girls who knew little fear and laughed often. We still laugh ALOT, but the fear has crept in. I love remembering with her and giggling at the silly things we used to do, but I also love the women that we have become and the strength we now know from that fear.

I am blessed to have her to call my friend and to share many great memories with her! I am looking forward to seeing her soon and making more memories. I hope everyone has a friend who is an anchor and gives them strength like she gives me. Do you have a friend like this you wouldn't trade for anything in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment