About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother of 2 amazing kids. My oldest is 6 and we call him "Bubba". My youngest is 5 and we call her "Moonie". We love life and try to find the silver lining no matter what the situation. I love to "make lemonade"! :) I like to try new recipes- vegan ones mostly- as we have food allergies in our house. We strictly avoid all dairy, eggs, and tree nuts. Cooking and baking safe foods for my family is very important to me- and a challenge I enjoy.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pool fun!

Well, for the last 12 days, the kids have enjoyed the pool and wanted nothing else... We are in it a couple of times a day (generally) and I don't think I would know several things if we didn't have the pool..
1. My kids are pretty brave in the water.
2. Pool water smoochies are sweet.
3. Bubba can hold his breath very well and likes to do alligator rolls, swim UNDER the raft, and swim underwater from one side of the pool to the other. Who woulda thunk it? His asthma hasn't slowed him down a bit!!
4. Moonie can walk on her knees in the pool- and knows how to hold her breath underwater. She doesn't get scared much anymore if she slips and her head goes under. She quickly rights herself and comes out smiling at the end.
5. Bubba likes to dive and get bean bags off the bottom of the pool.
6. I am impressed with their fearlessness and their spirit of adventure. Yet another reason to be proud of them and love them even more!!!

Who would have thought that a simple act of getting a pool for the kids to play in this summer would be such a lesson for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment