About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother of 2 amazing kids. My oldest is 6 and we call him "Bubba". My youngest is 5 and we call her "Moonie". We love life and try to find the silver lining no matter what the situation. I love to "make lemonade"! :) I like to try new recipes- vegan ones mostly- as we have food allergies in our house. We strictly avoid all dairy, eggs, and tree nuts. Cooking and baking safe foods for my family is very important to me- and a challenge I enjoy.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

How precious...

I sit here and wonder why some families have to go through terribly difficult times and others are blessed to have easier roads. Cancer has taken a friend of mine, attacked several others, and is currently trying to take a toddler from his family (colleague of mine). I just don't know what the criteria is or how it is decided who has what battles to fight. I really feel there is a lot of injustice when I think of each of their situations. I feel powerless to ease their pain and that is where I am stuck right now.

When I sat down to start writing tonight, this is not what I had intended to share. I was going to share something cute and fun that my kids did today- but I am very obviously distracted with thoughts of my friends and their families. What I have realized through watching people I know and love face such terrible situations is that I have to be grateful for each and every opportunity I have been given. I have to rejoice in the blessing that is my family. I need to be grateful for the miracles that are my children and the joy they bring me daily. I feel so blessed to have all the wonderful people in my life that I have. I am lucky to be able to work and provide for my family. We are blessed to have a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs, and food in our bellies. We have a house full of love and laughter- and a safe haven for us to find shelter when the world threatens our peace. We are strong and united- and today it hit me again how truly precious life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment