About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother of 2 amazing kids. My oldest is 6 and we call him "Bubba". My youngest is 5 and we call her "Moonie". We love life and try to find the silver lining no matter what the situation. I love to "make lemonade"! :) I like to try new recipes- vegan ones mostly- as we have food allergies in our house. We strictly avoid all dairy, eggs, and tree nuts. Cooking and baking safe foods for my family is very important to me- and a challenge I enjoy.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

I have been slacking!!! With both kids home for the summer and our family time being such an important thing to me, I completely neglected my blog. THEN- my oldest, Bubba, started kindergarten. HUGE adjustment for me! He did beautifully, and continues to do so. He loves school and wakes up in the morning now asking (even on the weekends!) if each day is a school day. He wants it to be a school day- every day. I love seeing his enthusiasm! As a teacher, I am so thrilled to see a little one who adores school and has a genuine thirst for knowledge. He is wanting to read EVERYTHING and write EVERYTHING. No word is off limits in his world- including body parts... hahahaha!!!!!!! He loves talking about math, too, over dinner. He will ask Daddy and Mommy math problems and then he will try to figure out the answer. But- his math facts are improving and he is building a sight word vocabulary. I am amazed at his learning pace!
He has lost 2 teeth and played football again this fall- with great enthusiasm!  He also did the PTA art competition... we are looking forward to hearing how he did with that- although Mommy and Daddy were happy with his project either way! :) We just got his report card and are super proud of his performance! He is growing and learning exactly like he is supposed to- and a great helper in the classroom. What an amazing little man!!!!


As for our precious girl, Moonie, she is growing like crazy, too! She is enjoying her last year in day care- and is incredibly excited to go to kindergarten next year- at the same school as her brother! She enjoys the rare opportunity to go pick up Bubba from school and get to explore it with him a little bit. She LOVES reading books and board games. She would rather play cards, board games, or read books than many things.... She also still loves to help me in the kitchen! She enjoys measuring and mixing and "sampling" the dough/ mix/ etc... If we aren't cooking, she loves to help clean up things (which she definitely does NOT get from her mother!). She also played football this fall and really had a great time! She had several touchdowns and it was fun to watch her learn the game and become a faster runner! Everyone loved watching a little blond girl running on the field. If she fell down or got knocked down, she didn't cry- what a tough cookie!!!! She is reading signs on the road and spelling

No comments:

Post a Comment